Monday, July 05, 2010

Horowitz on Hitchens

Here is part 1 and part 2 of an essay David Horowitz has written about Christopher Hitchens in part about Hitchens new memoir, Hitch-22. Horowitz lets Hitchens have it although I believe they are on friendly terms.

I read Horowitz's memoir, Radical Son, a long while back. I thought it was pretty good. Horowitz, like Hitchens, is a pretty good stylist. I might have to get a copy of Hitch-22. I suppose my prejudices make reading stories of second thoughts by leftists more enjoyable than they would those of differing political persuasions.

As an aside, Hitchens has cancer. I saw that somewhere in the last few weeks. I don't know how bad off he is.

As another aside, here is an excerpt from Hitch-22, Hitchens's thoughts on how to drink. If you want to make yourself feel better about your drinking this will help. Apparently a bottle of wine and a few glasses of scotch per day is moderate. I'd be rather worthless on that intake.